Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Tuesday Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Bullet Coffee

I would have to say I am a fan of the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte this time of year, but I am not a fan of the sugar or the price. I love my Bullet proof coffee. So, why not put them together!

What I do:
I use my regular bullet proof recipe, butter, coconut oil, honey and coffee.
The pumpkin latte portion:
Real pumpkin, I cook my own pumpkins down and use them, about 1/4 cup for 2 cups of coffee.
Real heavy whipping cream about 1/2 cup.
In my coffee grounds is where I put my spices. I use cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves and allspice. Not terribly sure on the amounts, still playing with those. I have found though, I need more of the spices beings that I am not eating them, but putting them into the grounds.
For approximates:
cinnamon 2 tsp
nutmeg 1 tsp
ginger 1 tsp
cloves 1/2 tsp
allspice 1/2 tsp

The health benefits by adding the extra spices and pumpkin are kicked up a few notches. This is an easy way to add extra health benefits to something already so tasty. Enjoy!

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
May God abundantly bless this harvest season.
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment