Monday, December 12, 2011

Bulletproof Coffee

Ok, I have a confession to make, I am addicted to bulletproof coffee, or as I like to call it, my reason to get out of bed in the morning. My Mom sent me this link to this web page and I thought, ok whatever, seems a little strange, butter and coconut oil in  your coffee. I am willing to try most things at least once, rocky mountain oysters, not a chance even though I had the chance. After the first cup, I was hooked. A few days later I had a normal cup of coffee, it just was not the same. I was longing for my bulletproof coffee, craving it. Over the weekend, I made some for Hublet. At first he was not too sure. I made my cup and he drank half of it. Hublet has a sweet tooth, any one who know him can tell you that. He thought it would be better with a little raw honey, I obliged. I do try to be a good wifey! The following morning, he made coffee, put his regular cream in it and out he went to work on his truck, had to replace the breaks. I asked him a little later if he wanted some bulletproof coffee, he said YES. My other cup, even with my cream in it, just is not as same any longer. There is something missing. The confession really is, Hublet and I are addicted! I have a feeling, this is going to be going to work with him, then the guys he works with will really go after him about what he eats. But he is the one who has lost all the weight, kept it off and has great numbers from blood work! I am SOOOOO proud of him.

For the recipe, you need to go to Dave's web page. Credit due, where credit is due. This is his recipe, unfortunately I can take no credit for this one, how I wish I could though. The changes I do make is adding cinnamon to my coffee grounds. This will help to take some of the acidic bitterness out of the coffee and cinnamon is amazing for your health. For Hublet, I also add some raw honey, if you like a touch of sweetness. While over at Dave's page, look around. He has some incredible information. I like his diet, what I follow for the most part, a few things I will be striving to change in our diet from reading his. If you are looking for a great health plan, this is it.

Let us talk a little about why this coffee is SO healthy, why you want to add it to your morning routine, besides the taste.
We have discussed coconut oil and butter in many posts before, herehere, and again here. But, if you are anything like me, you need to be reminded over and over again how great saturated fat and cholesterol are for us, due to the CDT, common death trap, and their pounding it into our heads that it is bad. I really do not remember what I said in those posts, I write and go on, if you would like to re-read those posts, it would probably be a good idea to refresh on the health benefits. We will re-cap here, I think. Saturated fat is not going to cause heart disease, or cholesterol, it will help to prevent it. Saturated fat will actually increase your HDL levels. In most people, their HDL levels are low due to not eating enough fat and to much sugar, which increases LDL and decreases HDL.
Coconut oil is also energy. Our body does not have to break it down, it goes right in to give you the energy you need. It is better than caffeine or sugar, you do not get the shakes or the drop after, just long lasting energy.
Butter also has saturated fat and cholesterol in it, giving us the energy we need and very important vitamins, like fat soluble Vit. A. Butter will help to protect everything from your skin to your heart.

Well, hopefully you will go and try this amazing coffee. I have finished mine while typing this post. I now have the energy to keep up with Otto, my Weim. Anyone who knows him, knows it take more than a cup of regular coffee to keep up with this dog, he is endless energy. Mom has endless energy too, to the park to play soccer we go, on this cold December Utah morning.

In the Blessings of this Joyous Season,
Jenn



2 comments:

  1. Great post! Tomorrow morning I will have my first cup of Bulletproof coffee. I found a coffee wholesaler in my town that was nice enough to sell me some organic, single origin, wet-processed Costa Rican coffee. And they roast their own! Got my Kerrygold Unsalted butter. Still waiting on my MCT oil, that should come from Amazon tomorrow. Also ordered a French Press which will arrive tomorrow. I have been eating Krap lately with a capital K and I am ready to get back on the wagon.. yes, before the holidays (well, at this point, it's pretty much "during".) Lost 25 pounds following the Primal Blueprint, and I am ready to do it again (first, I need to lose the 20 pounds I gained back). Great blog! Found it by doing a search for Bulletproof Coffee! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all let me tell you, you have got a great blog .I am interested in looking for more of such topics and would like to have further information. Hope to see the next blog soon.bulletproof coffee

    ReplyDelete