Enter my plan: 28 Day Sugar Detox
My goal for this detox is to help you over come your sugar cravings, start you on the road to weight loss and health. To find health and thrive, we need to eliminate as much sugar as possible. This is to help those who have tried restrictive diets and found they do not work, however want to kick the sugar habit and begin a healthier lifestyle.
I understand it is not easy to eliminate sugar, it is addictive and in everything. However, I do promise you can all but eliminate processed sugars from your life, with time. This is not going to happen over night or even in 26 days. But, we have to start. I tell my clients all the time, you have to begin. Progress forward is progress, no matter how small the steps.
With all that in mind, here are guide lines:
Begins January 4, 2016
Ends January 31, 2016
Foods to eliminate:
- Sugar laden foods, desserts, soda, processed foods, foods you know have added sugar, you will need to become a label reader
- High Fructose Corn Syrup
- Agave, if you are wondering why agave because you thought it was good, read this.
- Man made sugars such as Aspartame, Sweet and Low, malts, any ingredient ending in "ose" sucrose, galactose, these are simple, processed sugars
- Fruit juices
- No fruit for the first two weeks
Just because a label says "sugar free" does not mean it is. By law, manufactures only have to label sucrose, which is table sugar. It can have as much of any other type of sugar in as they wish and can still call it "sugar free". If it is sweet, it has sugar in it. Almost any food you purchase in a package is going to have added sugars of some type. A good rule of thumb for the challenge will be, do not eat anything out of a box or package.
Foods that are accepted in small quantities:
- Dark chocolate, it has to be above 72%
- Sprouted whole wheat, make sure there is no high fructose corn syrup, agave, or other processed sugars, some have honey or molasses in and that is OK
- White rice
- Sweet potatoes and yams
- After the first two weeks, whole fruit, it has to be whole fruit, no juices
Some insensitive to give this challenge a try, besides weight loss and feeling better, for every day you complete the guide lines, your name will be entered into a drawing for one month of free health coaching with me! To participate, like my business Face Book page and watch for the daily posts, by liking or commenting on the post, you will be entered into the drawing. This is on your honor. It is free of charge and anyone can participate. The more friends and family you have join you, the better your support system is, which sets you all up for success.
If you are someone who is just beginning your health journey and you read the guide lines and think, I cannot do all of this, you took away all the food I eat, I will skip it. Please do not. Pick whatever you can do and begin. Remember, you have to start somewhere. If you never begin, nothing will change. Have the support with this challenge to begin making a change. Maybe next year or the next challenge, you will be able to fully participate.
See you on my Face Book page!
Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.