Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Beyond Fluids



I think we all know the importance of fluids, ask any doctor, nutritionist, trainer, athlete, the media, about any one and they will tell you to guzzle that water.

Is there any science to back these claims up:
drink eight, eight ounces glass of water a day?
drink half your body weight in ounces?
drinking sports drinks after a hard sweaty workout is important to replace the electrolytes?
do other drinks contribute to your fluid intake?
what about food?
is there a difference between just drinking water and having it actually go into the cells?

I would hope, if you have been reading my blog for any length of time, you know I question the common knowledge of today. Is it correct? Is there a better way? What is healthy and what is hype?

I will be teaching a class on Wednesday August 27, at 6:30 pm at CrossFit Ogden if you would like my thoughts on these questions plus so much more.
If you cannot make it, hopefully I have sparked some questioning and you will do research to find these answers for yourself.

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God bless,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment