Monday, March 17, 2014

Who Is Up for a Little Weight Lose?

Found this beautiful picture on Pinterest! 

Let's get one thing straight right out of the gate, this is not about a number, deprivation, fade diet, or being unhealthy, it is about being healthy and getting ready to enjoy a vacation in Hawaii!!!! We all want to look good when we go on vacation, or all the time, but even more so when you know you will be on the beach. We all need a little challenge once in awhile as well. This could be a great time to work on that New Year's Resolution of getting healthy as well.

In about six weeks I am going on vacation with my Mom to Hawaii, super excited. For me, part of getting ready for the trip is making sure I am in great shape, healthy and ready to play, along with research of what to do, places to see and things not to miss. So, I thought I would share what I am doing with all of you. 

First thing, increasing my healthy fat intake and decreasing my carb load. I know, the opposite of what we have been told and you would think. However, if you have been readying my blog for any time, you should expect this! Brief over view, it has to do with insulin levels, the more insulin, the more fat you store. Carbs look closer to sugar to your body which triggers weight gain.
For my food consumption, I will first focus on fat, then protein and then veggies. I will keep my fruit consumption low. 

Foods I will be eating more of:
Butter
Whole Raw Milk
Cream
Eggs
Avocados 
Bone broth
Coconut oil
Beef, chicken, fish, pork
Butter
Bacon 
Lower carb veggies
Real, whole, nutrient dense food

Second thing, working out, hard. I will keep my workouts to about 20 minutes. Research has shown that after about 20 minutes of hard work, you begin to burn muscle instead of fat, not what we want. Especially if we are trying to put on some muscle. I will be doing HIIT, sprinting, more uphill sprinting, along with slow go cardio, walking and moving my body more frequently at a slow pace. 

Third, learning to love and accept my body. Most people do not know, I have really horrible body image issues, getting a little real with you. Body image issues is something I have struggled with for a long time and my feelings of unworthiness. Issues I have been working on extra hard for Lent. 
To make any lasting change to our outward appearance, we first need to change how we perceive ourselves. 

If you were to ask my Hublet, he would tell you this is already about how I eat and train, not a lot of difference. About the only difference is dropping my carb a little lower than normal, that is about it. When you eat like we do, you maintain your weight effortlessly. When you have the inclination to drop a few pounds for a legitimate reason, it is not difficult to do, just takes a little awareness. 

Why not try it with me and see how much better you feel and look in six weeks!
Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God bless,
Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment