Happy Anniversary to my Hublet!We started big for July with eliminating high fructose corn syrup, so why not go out with a bang as well? This challenge is going to be difficult, remember, I did worn you.
Are you ready.......
I challenge you, for the next 2 weeks to eliminate grains.
You might be wondering, July's challenge was to eliminate processed sugars, why grain. For many reasons, so lets break it down quickly. If you would like to read more of my thoughts on grains, go here, here and here
- In our first challenge, did you read the labels on grain products and realize that almost every single grain product, like bread, rolls, bagels, anything in this isle, has high fructose corn syrup in it? It is true. Most grain products have HFCS plus other types of processed sugars in them.
- There are some very scary chemicals that are put into grains, from the bleaching processes, to chemicals added to decrease baking time.
- Grains today are devoid of their natural nutrition. They take out the most nutritious portions of the grain seed, leave the part that has very little to no nutritional value and then add in synthetic vitamins that our bodies do not recognize or know what to do with them.
- Wheat is not what it used to be. It has been genetically modified, stripped of nutrients and had dangerous "ingredients" added.
- Our bodies recognize grains as sugar in our bodies. By eating a lot of sugar, this puts the body in peaks and troughs of blood sugar which causes insulin issues which leads to diabetes. As well as heart disease, cancer, weight gain, mood swings and disorders, to name a few.
The list could go on, but I think these 5 items are a really good reason to try going grain free. It is one of those things, you can fight with me, hum and haw, think about it, and on and on, but until you try it, you will not know how your body is going to respond. It is something you need to try for a period as well. A week, even two weeks, is really not enough time to discover how your body would do eliminating grains. Maybe try this for six to eight weeks.
Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God's abundant blessings,