Tuesday, April 2, 2013

April's Month Challenge




In helping my clients to reach their health goals, one of the things I like to do is break down their goals, chunk it down to a manageable level. Taking it one step at a time. If we try to change everything all at once, chances are very great that you will be over whelmed, stressed out and not make a lifestyle change. It is too easy to fall back into old habits when the change is a lot all at once and not fully incorporated into our daily life. To help you all out with this, I thought I would do something similar on my blog as well. Every month for the next 12 months, we will work on a health, fitness, nutritional change. On top of that, every week, I will try and have a small challenges or activities associated with it, just something a little more to chunk it down even further to make it more attainable. I will also do a few more posts on the topic through out the month, try to keep posts shorter. All of these goals are meant to be built upon and carried along with you, hopefully for the rest of your life.

What better way to start this little journey off, than by encouraging you to eat more healthy fat! You love me already don't you? More butter please. If you have been following my blog for any length of time, you know my obsession with butter. I have my reasons for this healthy fat increase, and they are all for health, not just so you will love me and want to keep coming back for more tips.

Some benefits of healthy fats:
Very important vitamins and miners, A, D, K2 and omega-3's
Help with hormone synthesis, if we do not have enough healthy fat, we cannot make our hormones.
Help in our weight lose or weight gain efforts, which ever you need.
Make food tasty yummy
Help our bodies to uptake the healthy important stuff from our veggies and fruit.
Help our hair, nails and skin be healthy.
Help to protect our hearts.
Help protect our brains, which is mainly cholesterol.
Main energy source

This is an extremely short list, but I think you understand the idea. Anywho, how long of a list do you need anyway when someone is giving you permission to eat healthy fats, like butter?! Not long.

What determines a healthy fat, to me:
It has to be natural.
Not going through huge lengthy chemical processes to be able to eat it.
No hydrogenated, transfats, these are processed omega 6's, vegetable oils.
From animals that are pastured raised, eating what God intended them to eat, as much as possible.

Foods we want to increase:
Obviously butter!
Full fat heavy cream
If you can find it, whole raw milk
Whole eggs
Organ meats
Coconut oil and milk
Nuts and seeds
Bone broths
Not the lean meat, but fattier cuts
Cold pressed olive oil
Code liver oil
Ghee, tallow, lard, bacon

Now, I am not saying go over board and only eat fat. In my eating plan, I strive for somewhere between 50-65% coming from healthy sources of fat, a ball park range. It seems for most people, this is a good range. This will help you feel full and satisfied as well as give you good stable energy, and nutrients your body needs to thrive.

For this weeks challenge:
Incorporate more healthy fats into your daily diet.

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God's blessing shower down upon you,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment