Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Tuesday Recipe, Coffee Scrub

Today's recipe is not so much one to eat, it is for your skin! I, like any other woman, like smooth, soft skin, as well as my Hublet! One day I came across doing coffee scrubs for your skin. I thought it a a little odd, but why waste those precious coffee grounds and hey, if it can help my poor dried out skin from the dry winter, it is worth a shot. LOVED it!!!!! So, in my style, I had to do something else along with it, besides just coffee grounds.

What you need:
Coffee grounds, they can be used or fresh, if you are not a coffee drinker
Cinnamon ~ I put cinnamon in my coffee grounds when I am brewing it. This helps with the acidity and I really             enjoy the taste of cinnamon, just ask my Hublet! As well as the health benefits.
Lemon or lime ~ Vit. C is great for your skin. It will help to give it a very healthy glow.

Mix coffee grounds, cinnamon, if you have not already, and freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice all together. When you are in the shower, scrub the coffee ground mixture all over your body and then rinse off. It is really that easy. Pat yourself dry. Enjoy amazingly soft skin and the hint of coffee all day!

Notes: Your shower will be very dirty. I take this time to clean my shower and rinse it well.
This coffee scrub is abrasive. Due to this, only do this once a week. Doing so more often can actually harm your skin instead of the benefits of an exfoliation. 
Coffee has a natural oil to it. This is why you will want to pat yourself dry so you do not take off all of the oil. This does not mean your clothes are going to be oily, they wont. I found I do not need any lotions or coconut oil on my skin after this, other than on my face.

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time!
Here's to amazing, glowing skin,
God bless,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment