Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Tuesday Dishes... Dill, Jalapeno (Grilled Peach) Hamburgers

Hublet has thought it would be a great idea to have one day of blogging to be recipes I have made up or places where I find recipes to make for dinners. I have had several friends tell me eating the way we do sounds great and they want to try it, but they need ideas so they are not making the same thing over and over again. Here you all go!
Last night for dinner we did hamburgers. I got ground beef and made my own hamburgers. I like to seasons mine and know what it is in them. We like to have a lot of seasonings in our hamburgers, a lot of flavor. I put in the ground beef:

Dill Weed, several tablespoons, I really like dill
Sea Salt, to taste
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Worcestershire sauce, maybe a 1/4 cup, to taste
 Roasted garlic seasoning, several good shakes.
1 egg, the meat was really lean and needed something to help it stay together

I made patties and Hublet grilled them. We did do cheese on them, melted it on the grill.
Instead of buns, we each had one piece of sprouted whole wheat bread for one of our hamburgers.
On top, we had a few condiments, along with red onions and tomatoes picked fresh from our garden. We also had some jalapeno jelly my mom made, not something you want on it every time due to the sugar, but it was good. I had purchased some fresh peaches, here in Utah it is getting to our peach season and I love them! Anywho, I cut them in quarters and had Hublet grill them. I put mine on my hamburger, and it was yummy. Hublet thought I was crazy and just ate his with the jelly on it.

 You see, you can have some of the classic American meals with a Primal twist. Instead of stacking everything on a bun, place your hamburger on your plate and stack everything on top of that. Then eat it with a fork!

 You can think I am crazy and not put freshly grilled peaches on your burger, or you can give it a shot because it was delicious! I will be doing this again. Do not be afraid to experiment with combinations and new foods, this is how we find out what works together and what does not. What we like and what we do not like. Enjoy the yumminess!
In the blessing of Christ,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment