Monday, September 26, 2011

HIIT Training


Sorry I have not been posting as much, I want to try and post about daily, but my wrist has been hurting and typing increases the pain significantly. I have to type in moderation or type one handed. On to today's post.

You might be wondering why I have not talked about training at all yet, considering I am a personal trainer. The reason for this is because I believe nutrition is 80% of weight lose or maintenance. If you have your nutrition dialed in 80% of the time, you will lose weight and see amazing results, working out just helps to speed up the processes. You need to make sure you have your nutrition going first and then add in the training. If you have a significant amount of weight to lose, this is important. You do not want to tax your hear and if you are significantly over weight, your heart is already having to work over time. You do not want to add hard training on top of it.
   Here, I must also give another disclaimer. Before beginning any nutrition or training regmine, you need to speak with your doctor to clear. If you have heart problems, be sure to speak with your doctor for how hard you should train, increase your heart rate and push yourself, if at all. Follow his advice. I do not want you hurting yourself.
   How do I train and what do I think is the best type of training?
   I train with HIIT, high intensity interval training. It is heart pounding, sweat drenching and tiring. The beauty of this is I do everything at the same time, my weight training and cardo workout at the same time and I am usually finished in 20-30 minutes, if I do a long workout. With some of my workouts, I am finished in 10 minutes. Time restraints, not any longer. Who does not have 10 minutes to work out? If you continually say you do not have time to work out, you are making up excuses know. How many hours do you spend watching TV? If you think you need to workout like the CDT teaches, then yes, I can see not having the time. I can see not having two hours a day to workout, but 10 to 30 minutes, you have that. However, when you train with HIIT and it takes 10 minutes to get in a workout, you have no more excuses.
  I do not waste my time doing a cardo workout, which are a waste of time anyway and do not get you results, and then do some slow weight training workout. With HIIT, you will naturally take your heart rate through highs and lows, burning a huge number or calories at the same time. It is great time management, it is all finished in one feel swoop. It does not take hours to complete and you will see results faster because of your diet, number one, and then because of the calorie burn. With most of these workouts, once you are finished, unlike if you go for a 30 minute run, you do not stop burning calories. You obtain what we call the "after burn effect". If you work hard enough, this after burn can last up to 72 hours! Who does not want that? Train really hard and three days later you will still be burning calories, my type of training.
  By the time this 20-30 minutes is up, I am breathing hard, drenched in sweat and my muscles are done, they are tired. I feel great from working so hard.
  Enough about all of this, what do the work out entails? A lot of hard of hard work, determinations and will power to work hard. What you need is not another gizmo or contraction to work out, you need yourself and once  you work up to, a few items will do. But even then, your body weight is the best thing and really all you need. If you want a longer workout, take four or five exercises and do them in order, one right after the other without any rest. Once you have finished them, rest for about one to two minutes and then repeat. Do three to five sets depending on how you feel. Remember, through all of this, listen to your body. For a short set, if you only have 10 minutes, take two exercises and do them one right after the other until you have finished five sets. It might not sound like it, but these will be awesome workouts.

For example of a longer set:
30 seconds to one minute of mountain climbers,
20 lunges, 10 on each leg
10 push ups
20 squates
30 second plank

For a shorter set:
20 jump squats
30 second plank

   For any of these exercises you do not know how to do, what they or making sure you have proper form, go to You Tube and type it in and you will see how to do them with proper form.
  You see, it is not difficult or complicated to work out. If you are just beginning, take  your time and start slow with more basic workouts. Once you have the strength and stamina to go harder and perform harder workouts, push yourself to advance. You do not need more information to work out or another "thing", you need yourself and to decide to do it.
 In the next couple of posts I will explain more of HIIT, give some more work outs and other ideas!
Until next time, get your sweat on!
In the love of Christ,
Jenn 






No comments:

Post a Comment