Monday, December 12, 2022

Into the Deep of Carnivore

                            Mug of bone broth in one of my favorite mugs from my sister-in-law

If you have been spending anytime around nutrition's latest trends, you have been hearing and seeing a lot about the carnivore diet. It is the new trend. Or, is is a new trend? This is how our ancestors ate.

What is the Carnivore diet?

In it's strictest sense, it is eating animal protein and fat, nothing else. 

Everyone who does carnivore is going to do it slightly different. If you are strict with carnivore, you will only eat meat and fat from animals, beef and eggs is pretty typical.

Others will add full fat dairy to their eating. 

Seasonal fruits, berries and melons, raw honey, bone broth, organs 

Some use carnivore as a base of their eating habits, eating 80% meat and fat, then having the other 20% for other foods. 

There are many ways of doing carnivore. To me, it is about what is right and best for your body and going forward with that. 

Some of the reported benefits of those who go carnivore:

  • relief from pain, if not all of their pain is gone, there is a significant reduction in pain
  • elimination of multiple types of arthritis, especially rheumatoid
  • reversal of autoimmune struggles  
  • gut issues, constipation, diarrhea, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's clears up
  • reversal of all types of skin issues, eczema, psoriasis, acne, wrinkles, rough skin patches smooth out, skin clears up and is healthier
  • Reversal of metabolic health issues, blood sugar, insulin stabilization 
  • High blood pressure reversal
  • Reduced inflammation throughout the body
  • Effortless weight lose
  • Improved sleep
  • Stabilization of hormones
  • Increase in energy
  • More clear focus, elimination of brain fog, other mental health benefits 
I have decided to give this eating style a go for a time.

The reason I am diving into the world of carnivore:

Over these last several months, I have had some gut issues and dry skin that have popped up that aren't going away. My gut issues I could say are getting worse. I still struggle with more fatigue than I would like, despite the CRPS, brain fog, knowing I can feel better than what I do already. Seeking more clarity, focus, less brain fog and increase in energy. Following a Primal lifestyle of eating has been amazing for me. It is just time to take it up a notch and be carnivore for a time. My body is craving the deep nourishment of eating only animal protein and fat. 

I will be focusing on beef as my main source of protein intake, gelatinous bone broth, collagen, eggs and butter. If I feel like, I will eat some full fat dairy as well, such as yogurt. I will let my body guide me. 

It has been three days since I started. I am already feeling better, a noticeable difference in my energy levels, more focus, my gut is settling down some, my body is already happier, calmer, more stable. 

No drops in energy. No headaches, Primal/keto flue. Because I am walking into this already fat adapted, doing some fasting, mainly eating protein, low carb and pretty healthy, I am seeing results very quickly. If you are not in this position of health going into carnivore, your results might take a little longer to begin to be seen and felt. 

I am not doing this to lose weight. I am deeply nourishing my body when it gives me the hunger signal. I am eating until I am good and full. When not hungry, I simply don't eat. This isn't a weight lose plan for me. It is about deeply nourishing my body so it can heal and thrive. I am also curious to see what it will do for the CRPS and arthritis I have, achy body from so many years beating it up as a competitive gymnast. 

I will continue down the road of full carnivore until my body says differently. That it needs something besides meat and fat. This is apart of the beauty of this lifestyle, my body is the guide for what I eat, when, how much. It gets to decide and inform me what it needs to be healthy, thrive, heal itself. All I have to do is listen and give it what it needs.

Have you thought about going carnivore?

Have you been carnivore? What results did you see?

In gratitude,


No comments:

Post a Comment