Thursday, September 24, 2015

It Is About A Journey


I am in-prep for my next competition the end of October and the thing that keeps standing out to me this time around is: this is a journey. Getting down to competition weight, prepping, seeing results, it all takes time. I have to continuously remind myself that my competition is not this weekend, not next weekend, it is still many weeks away. I have to trust the processes. Continue on the journey of steady weight lose to keep healthy and do what needs to be done. If I drop all the weight immediately, I have to maintain that weight and that is hard on the body. I also risk losing too much weight, not a good thing.

This journey for me of weight lose is no different than it is for anyone else trying to lose weight and find a healthy lifestyle. It is a journey. It is a process. It takes time. You have to keep your head in the game and continue moving forward. It is not about losing all the weight today or tomorrow, it is about finding a lifestyle that works for you, that you can maintain for life. Not a quite fix, yo-yo diet of losing and gaining.

When you want to give up, you are frustrated because you are not seeing the results you want, remind yourself:
This is a life long journey
It takes time
When you are doing this weight lose thing right, results can be slow, and that is good and healthy
It will be worth it in the end
Remember your goals and why you are doing this
Maybe you need to re-evaluate what you are doing and make some changes
Most importantly, do no give up!

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God bless,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment