I know not everyone is Catholic, but Lent seems to be growing popularity to make a change in our lives. It has been said to make a change, it takes 21-30 days to change and make a new habit. Lent is 40 days, more than enough time to change and create a new habit.
This is not a time to change everything, pick one thing to work on.
It can be anything you want to change or create a new habit in.
If you slip up, begin again.
Some ideas you can think about:
- Choose to be happy, happiness is a choice and we have to make it.
- Stop drinking soda.
- Go for a walk every evening, by yourself or with your family.
- Do no eat out.
- Work out three times a week.
- Turn off the TV and keep it off.
- Read a book.
- Practice being alone in the quite. find yourself deep with in yourself.
- Eliminate sugar.
- Think about the good that come from a situation.
- Have a conversation with your spouse every evening, without the kids, TV, any distractions.
- Donate your time or money to a cause you believe, see the needs of others.
You know what your habit is, what you want to change about yourself to become a better person. Take these 40 days and work on it. What better time to do this than when you know you have the support of so many others.
Wishing you a happy and fruitful Lent.
Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.