I am a day late on doing this, plans changed yesterday so here we are today.
As Catholics we began the Lenten fast yesterday, I guess you would have to live in a box to know that. Anyway, Lent is a time for stripping our souls of the things of this world, face our demons that are keeping us from God, praying, fasting and alms giving. It is a beautiful 40 days.
If you are not Catholic and even if you are, you can use this time to cleanse your body. Cleanse your body of toxins both from food, drink, what you put on your skin and your mind.
- Soda, pop, Coke, Pepsi, what ever you call it. Take these 40 days to end your addiction to it.
- Grains, in this time you could find out if you have a gluten intolerance.
- Omega 6 vegetable oils
- Processed foods
- Sugary treats
- Drinking too much alcohol
- That item you know you need to stop eating, good time to do it.
- Instead of using store bought lotions, switch to coconut oil
- Stop using shampoo and conditioner or make your own.
- Begin making your own cleaning supplies. Use white vinegar and hot water instead.
- Just a few ideas.
Of course you do not need to do everything all at once. Take one, two, maybe three changes and make them. If you try to do too much all at once, it will not turn out so well. Make one change, feel the difference in your body and build on your momentum.
Maybe you already have to food thing down and clean living, or want something else beside food to change. How about working on your mind. There is a deep mind body connection. Maybe some of your health issues are steaming from your mind.
- Maybe you need to forgive someone.
- Let go of what you mule over and over and over and over....
- Stop the negative self talk and self hatred.
- Find peace with yourself or someone else.
- Choose to be happy.
- Allow yourself to heal and let go of the past, move forward.
You can also work on your stress levels. Such as:
- Having more fun in your life.
- Leaving work on time every day to go and do something you enjoy.
- Spend more time in the sun
- Begin the practice of deep breathing
Take something from each list or one thing and give it your best. It is amazing what 40 days of changing one thing in your life can do. Be assured there are many of us with you working on changing our lives as well, you are not in this alone. Begin today and let me know how it goes at Easter! The positive changes in your life, feeling better due to eating real food, finding peace, how working on forgiving someone helped you overcome some health issue. What ever your success is, share it. I want to be able to share in your joy and triumphs!
Saving the world one stick of butter at time.
Many blessings during this solemn time,