Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Wednesday Doggie Day: Taking Medicine


I do not know about you, but I really hat to give my two boys medicine, for multiple reasons. One being the side effects and another, trying to get them to take it. I have tried several methods unsuccessfully. I found the perfect method the other day, resulting in this post.

I was giving Otto some medicine for a hurt leg. He hurt it running up and down a steep mountain this fall and it flared up again. I took out the peanut butter, an all natural peanut butter of course. Both of mine love peanut butter. I scooped some out, put it on my finger and gave it to Otto. As he was licking, I quickly shoved the medicine into his mouth and down the hatch it went. No fuss, no spitting it out, finding it hidden in food, just easy licking and medicine taken.

The next time you have to give your dog some medicine give it a try. I hope it works as well for you as it does me!

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God' peace and joy,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment