Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Tuesday Recipe, Easy Snack

I hope you are all doing very well, working on those stress levels.

Today's recipe had it's beginnings from a great web page I frequent: http://everydaypaleo.com
She has great posts on all different topics, along with some delicious recipes. Need dinner ideas, check her out.

She had a recipe for Fruit and Nut BarsOf course me being me, I had to change the recipe, that and I did not have the ingredients most of hers called for. It happens.

What I changed:
I added a variety of nuts and seeds to the recipe. I like all different nuts and they all have different nutrition profiles. So, I try to use a wide variety in my eating and cooking.
Whatever nuts you have and you like:
Almonds
Cashews
Pine
Walnuts
Macadamia
Hazelnuts
Any nuts you like will do.

What seeds you have on hand, if any:
Chia Seeds
Flax Seeds
Pumpkin Seeds
Sesame Seeds

I also added spices, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, all spice, whatever you like.
Some sea salt

For the fruit, I did dried cranberries and prunes, It was what I had. It turned out really good. If you do not like prunes, do not fear, you did not taste them. Even Hublet liked them. He has requested them for when he goes snowboarding or we go hiking.
This whipped together really quick and they are tasty.
Do not be afraid to just put together what you have in your pantry. Just follow the recipe with what you have. Then, enjoy!

God bless,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment