Monday, May 20, 2013

Building a Garden, for my Recipe Box

Garden

Peach Tree
Pear and Apple Trees

We have been busy getting our garden planted! The trellises were homemade for the viney plants to grow on this year. Then they will not be snaking throughout the garden, making for free tortoise food! Our little orchard, yes it is only three trees, but who is counting, all have fruit beginning to grow! This all makes me very happy!!!

The great thing about this is, I have been building my recipe box for this months challenge with lots of yummy food. When our garden begins to produce, I can walk out, pick veggies and make some of these recipes with produce from my garden.

For those of you who might be thinking it is too expensive to cook with whole, real food, having a garden is the way to go. You are self sufficient, save money, have healthier produce, you can take pride in knowing you grew food to feed your family. You might be saying, but I do not have a green thumb, do not have the space, whatever your excuse is. Well, by know you should now I am not one to take excuses and have great solutions for you instead! Gardening is no different. I do not have a green thumb either, trust me. But, when you follow the Square Foot Gardening, anyone can have a green thumb. No one believes me about not having a green thumb when they see our garden, I just tell them with the SFG, anyone can do it. No room? Think again. SFG can be done in pots! See, I told you, solutions! You can begin with small pots and grow greens, beets, and maybe a pepper plant or a tomato plant to make fresh salads. Soon, you will have the hang of it and be planting more and more and everyone will be asking you what you do to have such an amazing garden with tasty produce to nourish you and your family. Do not be afraid to give gardening a try and see how much fun it really can be.

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God's many blessing,
Jenn


No comments:

Post a Comment