Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday Recipe: Spiced Hamburgers

So, the weather here in Utah is absolutely beautiful! I wanted something on the grill, isn't that what you are suppose to do in the spring and summer with amazing weather? I whipped up some hamburgers, a summer staple. I like to buy ground beef, then I can do whatever I want with it, as far as ground beef is concerned. This way, I can flavor and season the hamburgers instead of buying pre-made patties.

Here is what I threw together:
Chipolata
Sea Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper
Cumin
Coriander
Dash of nutmeg
1 lb. of ground beef
1 egg

All of the spices, except for the nutmeg, is to taste. Mix it all together and form into patties, Grill to your liking. We did add some cheese to ours, it was very tasty.Garnish as you wish. We put some jalapeno spread on ours that my Mom makes, but the regulars would work as well. I think next time I will add some smoked paprika of some kind. I did not think about that until now...
A note on the egg, if you have fatter meat, you will not need the egg. This ground beef is pretty lean and works much better with the egg to bind.

It was a very quick recipe to through together. Quick, easy and tasty, what more could you ask for?!
Hublet put his seal of approval on by asking for them again and saying the were very yummy.

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
Many blessing,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment