Thursday, February 28, 2013

Acne, Some Help, Oil Facial

One of the signs of both hypothyroidism and adrenal fatigue is acne. I thought it was fitting to talk about acne beings we have been talking about both of these issues and offer some ways of helping to deal with it and over come it.

Hormonal imbalances are not the only reason for acne, but they are a contributing factor. A lot of women have more acne with their cycles, one way you might know it is coming. This is the shift in hormones. Other reasons for acne are over growth of yeast in the gut, candida, "bad" bacteria over growth in the gut wall, eating excess sugar, no only from the normal sugary food, but also grains, I know this is true for me. Also, a deficiencies in some vitamins and minerals can also cause acne. For some people, you just have the type of skin that is more prone to acne, I feel your pain because I am there with you. I have taken several steps that have dramatically reduced my acne. And no, it is not taking the "Pill".

As far as balancing the gut, riding the body of candida overgrowth and bad bacteria, balancing hormones, comes down to eating a healthy diet like I talk about on this blog. Eating a Primal/Traditional diet has helped my acne as well as most others who follow the lifestyle. It is about eating healthy real food, consuming good bacteria, eating bone broths, not consuming excessive amounts of sugars, eating healthy fats like butter and coconut oil, which coconut oil has the benefit of being antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial. Only eating real food, what God has given us.

You might be saying, I have been doing this for some time and I still have acne. Remember, this takes time. It takes time to heal your body and replenish the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to function as they are intended to function, with amazing glowing skin.

To help speed up the healing processes and achieve radiant skin, there are a few minerals to make sure you are in-taking in optimum amounts. These are: zinc, copper and selenium. These are also very important in helping the thyroid function properly. Foods you will find these in:
Chia seeds
Ocean foods, both proteins and veggies
Brazil nuts
Bone broths
Beef
Eggs
You might also find it helpful to supplement for a time while trying to raise your levels. Try and find a food based supplement from a respectable company. Do keep in mind, you cannot out supplement a bad diet, you have to change your diet if you want lasting results.

The health of our skin does come from our diet and guts, but we need to also look at what we are putting on our faces. For the past several months I have been doing oil facials, with wonderful results. It sounds crazy, but a basic chemistry principle is likes dissolves likes. We want to dissolve the oils causing the bacteria to grow in the pores with oils that will help the pores heal and resist the bad oils. I use a combination of magnesium oil and coconut oil.
Soak a cotton ball in he magnesium oil, rub it all over your face.
Then, rub coconut oil on your face and massage it deeply into your pores. There is no need to wet, wash or remove make up first, this will do it all.
Allow it to sit on your face for several minutes, to about 10.
Wet a wash cloth in as hot of water as you can bear, ring it out so there is not dripping water and place on your face. The steam from the hot cloth with help to dissolve the oils and open up the pores to release the bad stuff and allow the good stuff to come in. Let sit on your face until cooled off. If you desire, repeat with the other side of the cloth. You can put more coconut oil on after, I usually find I do not need any more.
Others use different combinations of oils, such as caster oil with olive oil, or jojoba oil. You need to figure out what will work for your skin.
I do this at night, use it in my routine for bed. I do deep breathing while the cloth is on my face to release the stress from the day and calm my  mind. Seems to work and help.
In the morning before showering, I spray a combination of raw apple cider vinegar and water onto my face, this helps to neutralize the skin. Once in the shower, I rinse it off. Once out, I put a small amount of coconut oil on my skin, I do not use any other chemicals.

Be aware, the first few weeks, I broke out more while my face was detoxing. This is normal. Do not plan important pictures or a vacation, something extra special the first few weeks of doing this. Stick to it and your face should calm down and begin doing much better, in my experience and from  what I have read from others. Of course we will not ever have that perfect, pore free, smooth skin, like the models, which neither do they, it is all air brushing. We can have clean, radiant, glowing skin though!

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God bless,
Jenn







   

No comments:

Post a Comment