Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Tuesday Recipe: Stuffed Apples

Several weeks back I came across a recipe for stuffed apples, but I waited to try it because we have an apple tree! I wanted to be able to use our apples in this recipe, boy am I supper happy I waited, so is Hublet. The apples from our tree were perfectly ripe. There is something extra yuumy about a perfectly ripe apple, well any fruit for that matter. The base of the recipe came from this web page I really like and follow: wellnessmama.com. She has some awesome stuff, so be sure to check her out.

Here is the base of the recipe. Of course, I made a few changes. 
1 shallot
3 cloves of garlic
A spicy Italian sausage 
I did not put in the honey or maple syrup, but was more than sweet enough for us.
For seasonings I used: pepper, sage, marjoram, tarragon, cayenne, red pepper flakes, Hymeneal sea salt rosemary, thyme and all spice, in amounts of descending order.
When Hublet and I carved out the apples, we carved out a good amount, so you still had a vessel but could stuff a decent amount of the mixture in the the apple. The apple we carved out, excluding of the seeds and core, I put into the meat mixture.
I also served mine with sweet potato squash instead of salad. 

This was very yummy. Hublet asked for it again before the apples are no more this year...
I hope you enjoy.

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God's many blessing upon you this harvest season,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment