Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Tuesday Recipe: Peaches!

Here in Northern Utah, it is peach season! I love peaches. A fresh, ripe, juicy peach is one of my favorite foods. Lucky for me, my Hublet got a peach tree for us! We have an early type of peach, meaning they are already gone, can you hear me crying? But, it is still peach season and I can buy peaches from local farmers. Obviously not as nice as going into the back yard and plucking a peach off my tree and eating it. I will take what I can get though.

With my delicious peaches, here are a few things I made with them, the ones I did not eat right away.

Peach Compote:
Peaches
Butter
Honey, to taste
Cinnamon, cloves, all spice, nutmeg, a combination or any on their own.

Method:
Slice peaches into bite size pieces and put into a small sauce pan. Add the honey, spices and butter. Allow to simmer on the stove for a few minutes or until peaches are cooked to your licking. Most of the time, I allowed my peaches to simmer until they were soft and falling apart. I served this over my protein pancakes. Yum!

Primal Peach Cobbler:
Peaches
Nuts, I used almonds, but whatever you like
Butter
Honey
Spices, like the compote
Chia seeds

Method:
Preheat oven to 350. Slice peaches and put into a baking pan. Allow to bake for 10 minutes. This will make the juices come out. You can either dump the juice are add some ground chia seeds, these will absorb the liquid. Start with a small amount because they are absorbent. Grind the nuts. I like to have some small pieces in my nuts, but grind them to the consistency you like. By hand, mix in the butter and spices. Drizzle some honey over the peaches and put the nut mixture on top. Put back into the oven and allow to back about another 15 minutes. Cool slightly and then serve. This is really good with fresh whip cream.

Peaches are amazing grilled! I quarter mine, if they are large, stick them on the grill for a few minutes on each side, until there is a nice grill mark and the outside of the peaches are crisp. Serve with hamburgers, as a desert with fresh whip cream, a salad or with pork of some type.

Or just be lazy, pick a peach off the tree and enjoy!
Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
Many blessings from God,
Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment