Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Tuesday Recipe: Tacos and Kebabs

For today's recipe, I am going to link to two recipes from Mark's Daily Apple. Over the last week or so, I made both of these recipes and they were VERY yummy. They are both on our recipe list and will be made again soon, maybe next week.

The first one is a taco bowel. We did not have the crispy kale chips along with it. I am going to make them this week because I bought kale.
The other ingredient I added was cayenne pepper to the seasoning mix. We like things pretty spices, it needed this kick for our tastes.



This is very tasty, quick and easy to make. I can not wait for our peppers to be ready to make with this dish. Fresh peppers picked and put right into the pan will make this dish even better. The same goes for the next dish.


The next one is lime and basil kebabs.



These were so delicious! I did not make any changes to this one, gasp, I know.
My only suggestion would be in the prep, well, what I am going to do the next time I make them.
Instead of putting the coconut oil in while the meat is marinating, I would mix it in just before putting the meat on the grill, or just coat the grill with the oil. When you put all the cold ingredients together, the oil hardens and clumps. Something to mess around with.
The other thing I did was put all the veggies in a grill basket instead of on the skewers. We always find that having the mix of meat and veggies on the same skewer does not work well for grilling, the veggies seem well done and the meat is just right or vice verse. So, I put the meat on the skewers and the veggies in my basket, which I love by the way. I highly recommend a basket because grilled veggies are SOOOOO yummy.
That is it. Very good and again easy to make.
Hope you enjoy both of them.

Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.
God bless,
Jenn









No comments:

Post a Comment