Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Recipe... Fritta



Today, I have a very versatile and easy recipe! You can make this however you want, there is just the base and then you can change from there.

Ingredients:
Eggs
Cheese, if you want
Cream or milk, if you want

Method:
Beat eggs, and put in both cheese and milk/cream, if using. Pour into a baking dish and place in the oven at 350 degrees and bake until eggs are done to your liking.

That is the base. Really easy. A fritta is much like a quiche, just no crust.

Here is what I put into the one I made the other night.
Onions
Garlic
Carrots
Red, orange, yellow pepper
Kale
Brussel sprouts
Asparagus
Broccoli
Cheese

Raw milk
Sea Salt
Pepper
Thyme
Basil
Oregano

Bacon
Hot Italian Sausage

Chopp the bacon up first and then cooked it. Then add the sausage. I Cracked the eggs and beat them well. I think for the amount I had, I used 10 medium to small eggs. I just judge by how it looks for how many I put in. If there is not enough eggs to be able to stir everything have it coated, then you need more eggs.  Chop everything else up and put it all in a large bowl, mix it well and then pour into a 9x13 pan. Put it in the oven and baked it for about 30-45 minutes or until the eggs have set to your liking. If you have seen other recipes for frittas, they usually have you cook it first on the stove and then place it in the oven. I have not tried it this way, but if you would like, that would work as well. I would not do as many ingredients if you are thinking of doing the stove method. You will also need an oven safe skillet.

The great thing with a fritta, is you can tailor it to your own liking. Put what ever veggies in you like, or try some new ones. There is so much other stuff in there, that you really will not notice them, just chop them really small. This is also a great way to get in veggies and protein all in at once. This can also be eaten for any meal of the day. Makes great left overs! I make a larger pan just for this reason.

Hope you enjoy!
Blessings
Jenn









No comments:

Post a Comment