Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Tuesday Recipe, Apple Syrup

On Saturday Morning, I decided to make breakfast for my Hublet. I gave him the choice of whatever he wanted, what a nice wife. And yes, he is spoiled, I mean well loved! He decided he wanted waffles. I saw I had several apples sitting in my fruit bowel and thought an apple syrup sounds really yummy to top the waffles. So, creativity began!

What you need:
Apples, I used Fuji, which was not the best apple to use, but what I had on hand. Pick an apple for what you want the taste to be, a sweeter apple or a more tart apple. I think next time I will use a more tart apple.
Raw sugar or honey
Cinnamon
Cloves
Sea Salt, just a touch to bring out flavorings.
Butter, I used butt I had made the night before. Yes, I did make my own butter. I used this recipe from marksdailyapple.com however, any butter will work.

Method:
Cut apples into bites sizes pieces, I did leave the skin on. Put the apple pieces in a pan with that has a lid. Put all of the other ingredients in as well. Turn on the burner to medium heat. Put the lid on and let it cook down. When the apples are cooking, they will begin to release their juices, along with the sugar bringing out some of the juice as well, making the syrup. Every few minutes stir the apples so they do not stick and all cook evenly. It took four apples about 20 minutes to cook down. The apples are ready when they are soft, not mushy. Enjoy! They were tasty on the waffles as well as the protein pancakes. I did not use any other syrup or honey on my waffles or pancakes with this recipe. Hublet did use some more syrup because he likes really sweet things.


Try different apples to find which you like best. Also, what you are putting them on top of will make a difference for wanting sweet or tart apples.

This did reheat well. If you want to make a larger batch and then have it to eat as a snack or to use as a topping for something else later, it will work well.

Hope you enjoy this sweet treat for the fall!
Until next time
In the Love of Christ,
Jenn



For more information on cooking and other recipes check out.
culinary classes from online universities
Culinary schooling maybe for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment