This challenge is designed to help you make a lifestyle change. Changes you will continue once the challenge is over, not stop because the challenge is over. There are three levels for you to choose from, beginner to advanced. Choose the level that challenges you, but does not overwhelm you.
Level 1: This level is for those who have not ever done a healthy eating challenge or are new to the Primal life. This level entails:
- Set two goals around food and or lifestyle you would like to make a part of your life, even after the challenge is over. Write them down, share them, put them on sticking notes and post them all over to remind yourself of your goals.
- Removing sodas, energy drinks, high sugar beverages, artificial sugars and balance out your water intake, not too little, but not too much.
- Set aside time each day to journal, your food intake, mood, sleep, work outs, being grateful, your demons, whatever you are inspired to write. This is your time to challenge yourself and grow.
- Pick 3-5 processed foods to eliminate, maybe one of your favorites. Help yourself during this process by increasing healthy fats. Things such as coconut oil, butter, egg yolks, bone broth, these foods will increase your nutrient density, nutrient intake, help with sugar cravings and give you long lasting energy.
- Try a new recipe each week! This will give you a chance to try new food, expand your recipe box, find new go to recipes for your family.
Level 2: This includes everything from Level 1 plus:
- Eliminate all processed foods 4 days a week.
- Spend more time standing.
- A night time ritual is crucial for a good night's sleep. Begin establishing one to work for you and your sleeping needs. Examples: turning off all electronic devices 20 minutes before bed, spend some time stretching, deep breathing, reading a book or journaling.
- For the second half of the challenge, I will let you know when, eliminate diary, if you have not done so already. This will give you the ability to see if you have a dairy intolerance or if it is processed foods that are causing the issues.
- Living a full Primal lifestyle and anything from the first two levels you need to add into your daily habits.
How to being this challenge:
- Decide which level is going to be best for you. You want to challenge yourself, but not be overwhelmed. You can always go up a level.
- Set and write down your two goals.
- Surround yourself with people who are going to support you and challenge you to grow during this time.
- Begin. At the end of the day, you just have to begin.
If you have any further questions, let me know.
The challenge begins this week and ends the end of October. Good luck!
Saving the world one stick of butter at a time.